Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, November 21, 2011

Basil Lime Pecan Pesto Stuffed Pork Chops

I had purchased quite a large bunch of basil and honestly forgot I had it when I saw it all hiding in my refrigerator. Usually, when I get that much, I rinse it off, let it dry then freeze it. So when I took pork chops out for dinner this particular day, I wasn't sure what I was going to make with them but knew it would include something with basil. And...apparently lime since my daughter cut off a piece of one the night before then left it unwrapped. I was also running out of eggs, so I used up my liquid egg whites but you can certainly use whole eggs if you prefer. I decided to make a pesto out of these ingredients. I have to say that these pork chops, though it may seem a little odd eating green food, tasted incredible. They had a citrusy tang but the pecans also gave it a bit of sweetness. 

Basil Lime Pecan Pesto Stuffed Pork Chops
4 Center Cut Boneless Pork Chops
4 tbsp. Prepared Basil Lime Pecan Pesto(see below)
1/2 c. Liquid Egg Whites
1 c. Panko Breadcrumbs
Canola Oil Cooking Spray

Trim any visible fat from the meat and make a slice horizontally in the center of the pork chop; careful not to cut all the way through. Spread 1 tbsp. of the pesto into each pork chop, stuffing it in to the open slit. Next, dip your meat into egg whites,  then into the breadcrumbs. Place a rack on a baking sheet and add your breaded pork chops. Spray with cooking spray and bake at 350°F for approximately 35-40 minutes (depending on the thickness of your pork chops). Serves 4.
Points+=9 

Basil Lime Pecan Pesto
1 1/2 c. Basil, tightly packed
1 Lime, zest and juice
1/4 c. Pecans
1/2 c. DiGiorno Three Cheese Blend (Parmesan, Asiago and Romano), shredded
1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Add all ingredients in to a food processor and pulse until well blended. Makes 8 tbsp. 
1 tbsp Pesto=3 Points+

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis