Pages

Stay Connected

Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday Baking #3: Almond Toffee Biscotti

I wanted to try out a new biscotti recipe and my eldest daughter wanted toffee bits in it. I have to say, it was an excellent choice! During the holidays, I love to try a little bit of everything, who doesn't right?  So I tend to make my treats a little smaller than a recipe calls for so that it gives me and my guests the opportunity to try many different kinds of treats without feeling as guilty. 


Almond Toffee Biscotti
2 c. All-Purpose Flour
1/2 c. Granulated Sugar
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
3 eggs
3/4 c. Toffee Bits (I used Heath Bar)
1/2 c. Finely Chopped Almonds


In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract and eggs. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, mixing well. Next fold in the toffee bits and almonds. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is no longer sticky, then form two, 12" long log shapes and flatten down so that it is no higher than 1". Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, add the dough and bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool, then slice diagonally into 1/2" slices and put them back on the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 10 minutes per side and remove from oven. Let cool and allow to harden before serving. Makes 2dz. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis