Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Meyer Lemon Roasted Zucchini & Butternut Squash

If nothing else, starting this blog has increased my awareness of so many different types of foods that I was always reluctant to try. Butternut squash being one of them. When I went to the farmers market the other day for my produce, they had some Butternut squash already cut up in a nice container on sale so I bought it figuring I'd figure out something to do with it. I love it in ravioli, especially when paired with my pumpkin sage cream sauce which I didn't make this year...yet! The other day I received an Omaha Steaks package in the mail for Christmas and figured I'd just cook up something from that delivery and make a vegetable to go with it. And since, my Mom brought me some of her Meyer lemons from her tree in FL while she was up over Thanksgiving, I used some of those too. This vegetable combination was light, delicious and I'd definitely make it again!


Roasted Zucchini & Butternut Squash
2 1/2 c. Butternut Squash, diced into small cubes
1 Zucchini, skin rinsed, halved and cut into 1/4" slices
1/2 Meyer Lemon, juice only 
2 tbsp. Fresh Tarragon, chopped
1 Clove Garlic, minced
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper


Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well so that the squash and zucchini are well coated.  Add mixture to an oven safe baking dish and bake at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes; turning halfway through. Serves 4. 


Points+=3pts


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis