Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Turkey Pot Pie

Growing up, pot pie was one of those frozen "staples" we always used to have in the house. It was quick to make on those busy nights when Mom was working late and it was always a hit with my sister and I. It wasn't until I was married that I attempted to make a pot pie on my own. Once I realized how EASY it was, I never went back. It's the perfect use for leftover turkey (or chicken or beef for that matter!). Just cut up your meat and add some veggies (I use frozen if I have them). For this one in particular, I had made one of those Butterball Turkey Breast roasts and after making it, no one was really hungry. So that left me with quite a bit of turkey left. This hit the spot on a cold night after all of our schedules had us in different places. It's the perfect make ahead meal that heats up nicely. 


Turkey Pot Pie
2 c. Turkey Breast, cooked and chopped
1/4 c. Red Onion, chopped
1/2 c. Carrots, cooked and chopped
1/2 c. Corn
1/2 c. Peas
1 tbsp. Fresh Thyme
1 tbsp. Oil (I used Grapeseed)
2 tbsp. Flour
1/4 c. White Wine (I used Chardonnay)
1 1/2 c. Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 Package Refrigerated Pie Crust (I used Pillsbury brand but you can make homemade)


Line pie plate with one of the pie crusts. In a large, non stick frying pan, heat the oil and add in the turkey, onion, carrots, corn, peas and thyme. Saute until the onions become translucent then add the flour. Add the wine and chicken broth and mix well forming a creamy filling for the pot pie. Pour into the crust lined pie plate, then top with the remaining pie crust. Fork the edges to help seal the dough. Place on a baking sheet (to avoid any spillage) and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown. Serves 4. 


Enjoy and Happy Birthday Dad! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis