Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pasta Salad with Avocado in a Ginger White Balsamic Vinaigrette

I recently came across a new vinegar from B.R. Cohn Winery & Olive Oil Company called Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar during a recent visit to Chef Central, a culinary super store for the home chef, and couldn't wait to try it out. Since the weather hit over 70 degrees yesterday (yes, in NJ at the beginning of March!), I decided I was going to make some grilled chicken and a pasta salad for dinner to kick off the unofficial start to Spring. This salad was incredibly light with subtle ginger flavors and the avocado added to the creaminess making this a wonderful side dish or stand alone salad. 


Pasta Salad with Avocado in a Ginger White Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/2 lb. Barilla Whole Grain Penne Pasta
2 Ripe Avocados, pit removed and diced
2 Plum Tomatoes, diced
1/4 c. Red Onion, chopped
1 tsp. Fresh Ginger, grated
3 tbsp. Ginger White BalsamicVinegar
1/4 c. Canola Oil
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped


Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and let cool, then add it to a bowl. Add the avocado, tomatoes, onion, ginger, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and parsley and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serves 4. 


Enjoy!


Pin It







Cookbook News: For the last 2 weeks I have been working on edits for the book and I'm happy to say, I am finally finished! It goes back to the publisher today for another 2 weeks, where they will review my additions/corrections, then back to me one last time for final approval so it's moving along nicely. They will also be working on a :15 second Book Trailer TV Commercial since I already have other forms of multimedia with this blog, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and will air on the following stations: Discovery, Fox News, History Channel, Lifetime, Food Network, TLC, A&E, HGTV, ESPN, USA Network, CNN Headline News, AMC, Angel One, Animal Planet, The Weather Channel, CMT. I'm so excited and can't wait to see it! I'll keep you posted as I hear more. 









1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! One suggestion is to replace the canola oil with extra virgin olive oil as a healthier alternative. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis