Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Whole Grain Rotini with Fennel, Zucchini & Sun Dried Tomatoes

I've been trying to watch my carbohydrate intake the last couple of weeks but by Friday night, I hadn't eaten one ounce in about 4 days and my body was craving pasta! I threw in what I could find laying around, made a tossed salad and dinner was served. This was the perfect quick meal too since it was one of those hectic nights of playing chauffeur for the kids. If I only had half the social life these two do...sigh...If you don't like to cook with wine, by all means substitute chicken broth. I just think it adds a nice flavor. 


Whole Grain Rotini with Fennel, Zucchini & Sun Dried Tomatoes
1 lb. Barilla Whole Grain Rotini Pasta
1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Small Zucchini, rinsed and sliced
1 Clove Garlic, chopped
1/2 c. Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 Fennel Bulb, chopped
1/4 c. White Wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
1/4 c. Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Kosher Salt, to taste


Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside. In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the oil and add in the zucchini, garlic, tomatoes and fennel. Saute for approximately 5-8 minutes until the vegetables start to soften, then add in the wine. Add in the cooked pasta, cheese and pepper and mix well. Serves 4-6. 


Points+=8pts. per 6 servings
Points+=12pts. per 4 servings


Enjoy! 





Don't forget to send in those entries for the

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis