Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Raspberry & Orange Marinated Chicken

I know. This recipe may seem odd to some of you as I use two types of alcohol as a base for this recipe. But there was a method to my madness I assure you! You see, while packing up some my kitchen this past weekend, I came across small amounts of Cointreau and Chambord and didn't want to pack them away, nor did I want to throw something out that I know I can use to make something with. The funniest thing is I'm not even sure why I have them because I don't drink either, but must have needed them along the way for a recipe or received them as a gift. In any event, this chicken was very moist and had just enough raspberry and orange flavor so that you can tell it's in there, but it wasn't overpowering or too sweet. I probably would have preferred this recipe using boneless chicken breasts then grill them, but I'm trying to run out what food I have left in my house so bone-in chicken breasts it was.  

Raspberry & Orange Marinated Chicken
4 Chicken Breasts, bone in
2 tbsp. Cointreau
1/4 c. Chambord
1 Orange, juice and zest
1/2 c. Canola Oil
1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/8 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper

In a small bowl add the Cointreu, Chambord, orange juice and zest, oil, salt and pepper and whisk well. Place the chicken in a resealable plastic bag and add the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, remove 1/2 hour before cooking to allow the chicken to get to room temperature, then bake or grill chicken until the proper internal temperature is reached. (I baked these at 350 degrees for about 1 hour). 

Enjoy!

Shared at Everyday Mom's Meals Church Supper 8/12/12

5 comments:

  1. Bone-in pieces are always better anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "boys" love raspberry, and this would be such a hit at my house! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper my sweet friend. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped by from Church Supper. What yummy flavors put together! Will have to try! Kathy Penney @ Pinner Takes All

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis