Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, August 9, 2012

White Chocolate Covered Brownie Bites

Well, what do you do when you set out to make brownies and then they don't release from your pan? This is what happened to me a couple of months ago. We were having company for dinner on a Sunday and the kids wanted to make a last minute dessert. I usually have a box of brownie mix in the house just in case we need a chocolate fix so I decided to make those. Instead of making them in a square pan, we decided to make them in the mini muffin pan instead so that they were smaller servings. I did spray the pans with cooking spray, but for some reason when they came out and cooled, they were breaking in half and didn't want to release themselves from the bottom of the pan. Normally, I would have just thrown them away or threw them in a bowl to pick on, but I decided to make these brownie bites out of them. This particular brand of brownie mix from Betty Crocker is the only kind I buy and it's loaded with chocolate chunks and is so moist..all the time, every time. Because of this, I didn't even need to add anything to it! Just rolled them into balls, dipped them into chocolate and voila! Instant dessert. 

White Chocolate Covered Brownie Bites
1 Box Betty Crocker Hershey's Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix
6 oz. White Chocolate, melted

Prepare brownies as directed and let cool. Add the brownies to a bowl and using your hands (make sure they're clean!), crush them up and form into 1" round balls. Place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper and put in the freezer for 30 minutes. Melt chocolate and dip each brownie ball into the melted chocolate. Place back on the wax paper and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes approximately 2 dz. bites. 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love dipped brownies. These look soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, I'd rather have these than brownies any day! I can eat a few (5-6) and not feel as guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies and sorry I missed the swap this week Ashlee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis