Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, September 10, 2012

Asian Marinated Pork Spareribs

Well, we survived the first few days of back to school with only a few little glitches and are in full swing with school-sports mode here at the Farias household. I actually made today's recipe about two weeks ago as my kids were dying (well not literally of course) for ribs. I hadn't made them in a while (May to be exact) and since the end of summer was nearing, it only seemed fitting to make them again. I didn't want the traditional kind with bbq sauces, so I made this soy sauce based marinade instead. These were delicious and sticky and gooey...all of the things a sparerib should be and the family LOVED them! 




Asian Marinated Pork Spareribs
2 Full Racks Pork Spareribs
Prepared Asian Marinade

Directions:
1. Cut racks in half forming four racks. 
2. Place them in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. 
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. 
4. Remove ribs and brush with the prepared marinade. 
5. Either grill the ribs until they are browned or bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes. 
Serves 4-6. 

Asian Marinade
3/4 c. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 tbsp. Ketchup (I use Heinz)
1 tbsp. Stone Ground Mustard
1/2 c. Honey
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 c. Scallions, chopped

Directions:
1. Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan, mix well, then bring to a boil. 
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until sauce has thickened. 
3. Let cool.

Enjoy! 

4 comments:

  1. Carrie, I love everything about this recipe! we are too surviving the "back to school" and LOTS of sports...and driver's ed...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isabelle! I'm not too far behind you, mine starts in December and YIKES is right!! Good luck xo

      Delete
  2. I adore ribs and my boyfriend goes bonkers over them too. I've never tried ribs in a soy marinade and it sounds wonderful! I'm keeping your recipe in mind next time ribs are for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did Julia! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis