Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, October 8, 2012

Cranberry Goat Cheese Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes

Happy Columbus Day to my American friends and Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in Canada! 

While out grocery shopping last week, I noticed a product I hadn't seen before. It was goat cheese covered in cranberries. It sounded interesting so I purchased it and couldn't wait to experiment with it. I had been trying to find something new to make with sweet potatoes and since my other twice baked sweet potato recipe still continues to be spread all throughout Pinterest months after posting, I wanted to try another twice baked version. I LOVED these potatoes and it reminded me of fall and thought this would make a great addition to our Thanksgiving menu. My family; however, did not particularly care for these, though to their defense, they are also not huge fans of goat cheese so you'll just have to be the judge. These potatoes were sweet and creamy and savory all rolled into one. 


Cranberry Goat Cheese Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
2 Sweet Potatoes
2oz. Cranberry Goat Cheese
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tbsp. Butter
2 tbsp. 2% Milk
1 tsp. Brown Sugar (I used Organic)

Directions:
1. Wash the potato skins using a vegetable brush and warm water. 
2. Place them on a microwave safe plate lined with paper towels and microwave 10-15 minutes, flipping the potatoes over halfway, or until the potato has softened (Use the tip of a sharp knife, it should go in and out smoothly). 
3. Remove the potatoes and carefully cut them in half. 
4. Scoop out the inside of the potato and place in a bowl while placing the skin shells in an oven safe baking dish or baking sheet. 
5. Add the goat cheese, cinnamon, butter, milk and sugar to the potatoes and mash. (I like to use an electric mixer so they're smooth). 
6. Place the potato mixture back into the potato skin shells and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Serves 4. 


*Nutritional Information: Calories 137, Carbs 17.1g, Fat 6.1g, Protein 4.2g, Fiber 3.3g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into CalorieCount and may not be 100% accurate.


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis