Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, October 15, 2012

Mustard & Sage Potato Encrusted Pork Cutlets

During my youngest daughters recent Back to School Night, the other parents and myself nestled into our seats waiting for the Principal to give her speech and found goodie bags on each chair. In these bags were several items including a bag of Idaho Spuds Instant Mashed Potatoes. Now, since I don't normally eat prepackaged potatoes, I was challenged by several of my friends to create something with them..And of course, I could not refuse! :)

I had done this once before with my recipe for Potato Encrusted Fried Shrimp so I figured it would work just as well with pork cutlets and my assumptions were correct. Since I didn't have a lot of these potatoes, I added some Panko breadcrumbs so that I had enough breading, but for a Gluten Free option, you can use all instant potatoes. These were crunchy and mouthwateringly good! They even tasted great reheated as leftovers and you know how much I despise leftovers. :)


Mustard & Sage Potato Encrusted Pork Cutlets
4 Boneless Pork Chops
1-2.5oz. Pkg. Idaho Spuds Instant Mashed Potatoes
1 c. Panko Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. Dry Mustard
1 tbsp. Fresh Sage, chopped
Egg Wash (3 Eggs + 2 tbsp. Milk+1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard)
1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
Canola Oil, for frying

Directions:
1. Trim the fat from the meat and slice horizontally into 3 cutlets per chop; then pound evenly with a meat mallet
2. In one bowl, combine the instant potatoes, breadcrumbs, dry mustard and sage; mix well. 
3. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and dijon mustard; mix well. 
4. In the third bowl, add the flour. 
5. Bread the cutlets by dipping them first into the flour, then egg wash then breading mixture. 
6. Heat approximately 1/2" of oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the cutlets until cooked through; approximately 3-5 minutes per side. Serves 4. 

Enjoy! 



Shared at Everyday Mom's Meals 10/21/12
Shared at Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen 10/22/12

10 comments:

  1. Wow, I got a wooden spoon once from the PTA, but nothing fancier than that from the school! What a great use of the mashed potatoes. Whenever I have a partial box on hand I use them to thicken soups, but this year I may try to make my mom's Lefse for the holidays. Meantime, thanks for the tasty looking recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kirsten and great tip for thickening soups!

      Delete
  2. What an unusual addition to a goodie bag but kudos for turning it into something that looks amazing! If I may, I’d like to invite you to submit your photos to the new YumGoggle, a photo sharing site with the philosophy that if you worked hard to cook it and photograph it, we should show it off! Hope to see you there soon!
    http://www.yumgoggle.com/gallery/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I just logged on. It looks like a wonderful new site, best of luck. I'll be posting some pictures shortly.

      Delete
  3. I love mustard and sage with pork. These look fantastic. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I have some instant potatoes left over from the past when I had to go to food pantries to supplement my groceries. I didn't think I'd ever get to use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did John!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for linking these up on Manic Monday Carrie :) they look and sounds fabulous!! Pinned them!! Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis