Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

I'm not a huge fan of pancakes, mainly because I can't eat a lot of maple syrup (gives me a headache). But every once in a while I crave them. So, in keeping with the experimental theme of this blog, I decided to jazz up my regular homemade pancake recipe for the fall by adding some pumpkin puree and spice. These were INCREDIBLE and I loved the fact that they had so much flavor I didn't even miss eating them without the syrup. 


Pumpkin Pancakes
2 c. All-Purpose Flour
2 tbsp. Baking Powder
3 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Spice
2 Eggs
1/2 c. Pumpkin Puree
1 1/2 c. Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Cooking Spray


Directions:
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pumpkin spice; mix well. 
2. In a separate larger bowl, whisk the eggs, then add in the pumpkin, milk and vanilla; mix well. 
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together until there are no lumps. 
4. Heat your frying pan or griddle on medium heat. When you sprinkle a few flecks of water on your pan and the water 'dances' or jumps off the pan, then you know the pan is hot enough to cook on. 
5. Spray the pan with cooking spray and ladle some of the batter onto the pan (approx. 4" in diameter)
6. Cook for approximately 2 minutes or until the pancake starts to bubble on the top and around the edges. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until it is golden and remove. Makes 12 pancakes. 


*Tip #1: Heat your syrup in a pan or in the microwave in a microwave safe carafe or pitcher before pouring over your pancakes!


*Tip #2: You can also use butter to cook the pancakes, but I prefer using cooking spray with a non-stick pan to reduce the calories. 


*Nutritional Information per Pancake: Calories 107, Carbs 20.8g, Fat .6g, Protein 3.7g, Fiber 1g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into CalorieCount and may not be 100% accurate.

Enjoy! 

6 comments:

  1. Love pumpkin pancakes...so perfect for this season... Nice recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious! I've got 4 more pie pumpkins sitting on the counter waiting to be processed into puree, so I think instead of my usual 1 cup portions I'll split one up. Wait, who am I kidding, my family eats so many pancakes that I routinely double all recipes of them. 1 cup it is. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL So glad I could help you out~Enjoy them!! :)

      Delete
  3. Yum. I've had pumpkin pancakes on my to-do list for a long time already. One of these weekends... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those things I had on my to make list for a long time too and finally did :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis