Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Rosemary Roasted Yellow Carrots

They recently opened a new Fairway Market in my area and I couldn't wait to go check it out. I was in awe of all of the fresh produce, neatly stacked in symmetrical rows as I walked through their produce department. I found so many wonderful new things to try, all of them looked better than the next. One item that caught my eye were these Organic Yellow Carrots from Cal-Organic Farms. Sure, I shop at produce markets most of the time, but I had never seen these before. I just had to try them! They were incredibly sweet and the addition of fresh rosemary compounded by the caramelized carrots made this a delectable side dish. 


Rosemary Roasted Yellow Carrots
1 lb. Organic Yellow Baby Carrots
1 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste


Directions:
1. Steam the carrots over a double boiler until they are still slightly firm but fork tender. 
2. Add the carrots to a bowl, then add in the rosemary, oil, salt and pepper. Mix well. 
3. Place the carrots on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes; turning once. Serves 4. 


*Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories 56, Carbs 5.8g, Fat 3.6g, Protein .5g, Fiber 2.1g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into CalorieCount and may not be 100% accurate.


Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to be on the lookout for yellow carrots!

    giveaway going on :
    http://www.shilohstaste.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe sounds great, I have to try it on the carrots from my farm share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love roasted carrots with rosemary. I can't usually find the different colored ones but I buy them when I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I had seen them too and now I'm hooked!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis