Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, May 13, 2013

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Pretzels

While my mom was in town, we took advantage of the gorgeous Spring weather and headed about an hour north to the outlet mall in Tannersville, PA. I know I've mentioned that NJ is the mall capital of the world, but 95% of our malls are indoors and it was just too nice not to be outside. This particular mall is similar to a mall that we visit when we're in FL called Ellenton Premium Outlets, as it has a wide variety of stores all in one location, with separate store entrances from the outside. I always gravitate towards the food/kitchen/cooking stores and luckily my family shares the same passion. 

We stepped into one of those such stores (I can't even remember which one it was now), and my husband found these Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pretzel Pieces by The Hangover Pretzel Company and proceeded to purchase them. We opened them up later that night and they were so good. Just the right amount of "sweet" and crunch to satisfy that dessert craving. I've made Rosemary and Lemon Seasoned Pretzels myself before, but never ventured further than that. So I decided to try to replicate these on my own. SO EASY! Four ingredients. Ready in 15 minutes. DEE-LIC-IOUS...Sorry Hangover Pretzel Company! 


Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Pretzels
Prep Time: 5 minutes                                          Yield: 32
Cook Time: 10 minutes                                        Serving: 1/2 cup
Total Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients

  • 8 c. Sourdough Hard Pretzels, broken in pieces
  • 8 tbsp. Salted Butter
  • 1/4 c. Light Brown Sugar
  • 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Add butter, sugar and cinnamon to a small pot and heat over low heat. Mix together until all of the butter has melted. 
  3. Add the broken pretzel pieces to a bowl; then top with melted butter mixture. Mix well to coat.
  4. Place the pretzels on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Makes 32-1/4 cup servings. 

Nutrition Facts
Calories 57 , Carbs 7.3g, Fat 2.9g, Protein .3g, Fiber .3g, Sugar 1.9g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.

Enjoy! 

5 comments:

  1. Carrie,
    Yum! I love sweet and salty combinations, and this looks just too easy not to try at home.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SO easy Kirsten, you'll love them!

      Delete
  2. I agree that sweet and salty combinations are the best. I am looking forward to trying this soon since my kids always seems to open a packet of pretzels and not finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine usually do the same thing. I hope you like them as much as we did. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis