Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, June 24, 2013

Honey-Lime Chicken Bites

 

My kids used to love chicken nuggets when they were younger. WAIT..Who am I kidding? They still do! Though long gone are the days where I used to have to purchase those Chicken Dino's now that their food palates have been expanded (THANK GOODNESS!). So every once in a while I find a new way to make them like I did with those Pretzel Coated Chicken Nuggets a while back that everyone loved. 

This time I decided to dip the chicken into a mixture of honey and fresh lime juice and zest; then coat them with some panko breadcrumbs and bake them for a healthier option. The kids LOVED these, including my 18 year old nephew who happened to stop by to mow our lawn the day I made these. He gave these Honey-Lime Chicken Bites a giant seal of approval. He also said that he would be willing to come by each week to be my taste tester and that his cousins were lucky. Gee, I hope they see it that way too! :) 

Anyway, the kids and I really liked these also. Eat them as a meal and serve them with a vegetable, side dish and salad or serve these as an appetizer. The choice is up to you!


Honey-Lime Chicken Bites
Prep Time:   15 minutes           Yield: 6 (36 pcs.)
Cook Time:  15 minutes           Serving: 6 pcs.
Total Time:   30 minutes

Ingredients
  • 4-4oz. Boneless Chicken Breasts, trimmed and cut into approximately 36 pieces
  • 1/4 c. Honey
  • 1 Lime, zest and juice
  • 1 c. Panko Breadcrumbs
  • Cooking Spray
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Combine the honey and lime zest and juice in one bowl and the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. 
  3. Dip the chicken pieces first into the honey mixture; then into the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. 
  4. Once all of the chicken is on the pan, spray the tops with cooking spray; then bake the chicken 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your pieces. Makes 36 pieces 
Nutritional Information (per piece)
Calories 31, Carbs 4.5g, Fat .2g, Protein 3.1g, Fiber .1g, Sugar 2.6g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Cool shopping list feature, Carrie!
    My kids would be in heaven if I made them these chicken bites (not that baked eggs in kale nests are the opposite of heaven, but, you know).
    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten and I'm glad you like it. It's so easy to make too.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis